Friday, September 7, 2007

An incredible meeting

Unbelievable... yesterday it happened something incredible. I know Madrid is not one of the largest cities in the world but, even so, it's so big. Big enough to make impossible to find someone by chance; besides when that someone is going to study a MBA with you next two years in a new city, the coincidence is greater.

But... however, yesterday I run into Guillermo in Velázquez. I passed the whole afternoon working at home, so I decided taking a little walk in the evening, when the sun is down and the temperature is very pleasant, or at least bearable (yesterday was wonderful). I was just stood next to a piece of the street furniture with which we were given away by our former major Álvarez del Manzano (yes, the same who stupidly didn't let Björk to act at the Royal Theatre because she was no classic) when Guillermo saw me, and he came to say hello to me. He has just left the office. It was a nice surprise.

I met him first taking an IESE's exam in Madrid. He was sat behind me, and asked me for taking him home after the exam, because he hadn't brought a car. Sorry, not home... to his office!, although the exam finished so late. After this, we've phoned many times. It's not sure that Guillermo is going finally to start the MBA with us, because of some important problems he has to resolve. But, in spite of this, we were talking about the master, the classes, the classmates, etc. We ended up in La Pinanoteca, in the corner of Velázquez and Goya, drinking some beer... and finally almost having dinner.

Yes, it was a nice meeting...even more when we both are counting the remaining days to begin. I hope see him in Barcelona.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Congrats on starting your blog! When you are on campus come by and say hello! My Spanish is getting better every day! ;)

Anonymous said...

So... this incredible human being seems to be occupied in writing. My first thought was... "just another one believing that he can become a noble prize in litterature through the net. But this little pal has somehting different, a lot of fun, a lot of life and .. why not, some amaizing stupidity. The best part is.. who in the h*** is adding this to your blogg... Keep guessing man.. and I promise you, my spanish is almost forgotten.. but I will come back and you will pray god not to know me.. :-) When you come to the campus, please keep quiet.

Honestly, I love this pal!

Gonzalo said...

Thanks Carmen. I need to keep improving my english...

Ar Mesmo: reconozco que me has dejao flipao. I've no idea about you but, hahaha, be sure I won't waste my time guessing (I'll prefer praying); anyway, thank you very much for your complacent analysis.