Wednesday, September 12, 2007

more farewells... and how to be the best uncle (lesson I)

In my previous post I told you that on that sunday my niece celebrated her birthday. Well, now I'm going to tell you more things about it, things you should know if you want to be the best uncle around the world.

My little niece phoned me on monday. She was so kind: "tío, tomorrow I'm going to celebrate my birthday with a party at home. May you come?, please, please..." I told her I was leaving Madrid, so probably it was impossible for me to go, but if I finally delayed the journey, well, then... The impossible was to convince her: "please, you have to come, you must come, please, please...".

Of course, I couldn't go. I called Belén on tuesday afternoon, trying to imagine all kind of excuses and thinking about something which compesate her for my fault... To my surprise, she didn't look too much affected. "Hi, tío, how are you?" I was waiting for a very big telling-off, and... nothing. I asked her about the party and if they were having fun, and apologized for my absence... "Don't worry, tío! -I didn't expect that at all- we are a lot, so... it is not necessary you come -hahaha... I didn't believe it; but she kept on-. Last year I didn't know hardly anyone here, so it was great you came for my celebration, but today it's superdifferent, and I've many friends here now, so don't worry at all, you can travel if you have to". Ok, ok, ok... I've got it, lesson learnt, hahaha.

So... that's how my little niece (and goddaughter) is, hahaha. She is great, and has no problem in saying what she thinks. I like her way, she's adorable. But... her poor uncle is still trying to learn how to be a good uncle, hahaha... Definitely, I need more time. Belén, please, time out!

1 comment:

Artemi said...

Qué bien, además de leer tus aventuras catalanas lo podremos hacer practicando inglés. Suerte por allá arriba. Nos veremos. Gracias por lionkarme, haré lo mismo. Un abrazo.